Getting a dapple dachshund puppy would be a great addition to your family. A dapple refers to spotting the dachshund puppy’s coat. These marking patterns are gorgeous on dogs. Even one mark on your dachshund puppy’s coat makes them a dapple dachshund!
These dogs are a product of breeding. Keep in mind. Breeding dogs can result in health issues, so whenever deciding on a breeder, make sure they are reputable and take all the necessary safety precautions to ensure the health and well-being of the dogs. The apples on the dachshund puppies will often be unpredictable, similar to the pattern on calico cats coating. While they are unpredictable, the patterns on dapple dachshund puppies are beautiful and make your dog very unique.
What are Dapple Dachshund Puppies Like?
Dapple dachshund dogs come in several sizes, ranging from miniature to standard. Usually, dapple dachshund dogs are pretty small. However, even though these dogs are small, they have big spirits. Dapple dachshund dogs are usually courageous and will confidently let you know if there is something wrong. Sometimes their courageous nature can land them in deep trouble, so whenever your dapple dachshund puppy gets too confident in a situation, make sure to step in to ensure the safety of your pup. For many years, dachshunds were bred to hunt smaller animals such as raccoons and rabbits. Their noses are sharp, and their eyes are even sharper.
These energetic, feisty little dogs will always keep you on your toes. Due to their energetic and hyper nature, training a dapple dachshund puppy can be slightly difficult. This does not mean it is impossible. You need to remain patient and calm, and your dapple dachshund will start to pick up on the routine. Dapple Dachshund puppies are usually good with children and other pets. Whenever introducing your dapple dachshund to other pets and children, make sure to ease them into it. If your dapple dachshund feels threatened, they may try to defend themselves. Just be careful and monitor your dapple dachshund to ensure their safety and the safety of other family members.
Where Can I Get a Dapple Dachshund Puppy?
Whenever you have decided to get a dapple dachshund puppy, the first place you should check is the shelter. Shelter dogs often are forgotten, and they need good homes. Not only do shelter dogs need good homes, but usually, it is a lot cheaper than going through a breeder. Typically you can get a dog at the shelter for anywhere between 30 dollars to 70 dollars depending on the area. If you decide to go through a breeder, make sure you do a ton of research to ensure that your dapple dachshund puppy will be healthy.
If the breeder is responsible, they will be able to provide you with all the necessary information about your new dachshund puppy, including health issues to be wary of. There are many reputable, responsible dapple dachshund breeders out there for you to get your puppy through. Make sure that you choose one of those breeders. Choosing an irresponsible dapple dachshund dog breeder will likely not end well for you or your puppy. Below is a list of some reputable, responsible dachshund dog breeders that are all AKC (American Kennel Club) registered:
- Mosaic Dachshund of Florida: This organization was founded by Michele Farnam. He loves all of the dogs in his care and is very responsible. If you choose to go through Mosaic Dachshund of Florida you can rest assure that you will get a happy, healthy, and friendly dapple dachshund puppy!
- Lena’s Mini Doxies: This company is owned by couple Lena and Matt Rivenburgh, also located in Florida.They specialize in mini dachshund puppies and currently only offer long-haired dachshund dogs. The puppies come in many different patterns, so you will likely find the perfect mini dapple dachshund to add to your family! The puppies at Lena’s Mini Doxies are treated with a lot of love and respect. The breeders are responsible and actively participate in ethic breeding habits.
- Muddy River Dachshunds: This family owned Breeding business is located in San Antonio, Texas. The family takes very good care of their dogs. All of the dachshund puppies and dogs are kept indoors until they have had a full veterinarian inspection to ensure their safety and health is up to par. Whenever you go through Muddy River Dachshunds you can rest easy knowing you will have a healthy dog.
These are just a few breeders to choose from, but they are some of the best and honest breeders for dapple dachshund puppies. Make sure to research many different breeders before deciding on one thoroughly. Honest, reputable, and responsible breeders will never get angry or upset if you have questions. In fact, reputable, responsible breeders likely will not agree to do business with you unless you ask many questions!
There are no wrong questions whenever it comes to questioning breeders. The reason questions are important is that if you do not know the health issues, types of care needed, and information about this particular dog, you will be unprepared for what is to come. It is better to be overprepared rather than underprepared.
How Do I Know if a Dapple Dachshund is the Right Dog for Me?
Dapple Dachshunds are lively and energetic. If you are lively and energetic, you and a dapple dachshund will be the best of friends! However, if you are an impatient person, this breed might not be the best type of dog for you to have. Dachshunds are great, loyal, and loving companions, but they take a lot of time and patience. Once they get used to you and your home, though, owning a dapple dachshund will be easy. If you prefer smaller dogs, then the dapple dachshund dog is one of the best dogs for you to have! Dapple dachshunds are usually great with kids as long as they are gentle. Dapple Dachshund puppies being raised with children often become a very long and fulfilling friendship between the puppy and the child! The dapple dachshund dog is the perfect dog for a family. Your dapple dachshund will look after your family. They can be very loud and vocal, especially whenever someone is knocking at their door!
Advantages of Having a Dapple Dachshund?
There are many advantages of Having a Dapple Dachshund in your family, below is a list of advantages to consider when deciding to add a dapple dachshund to your family!
- Loyal- Dapple Dachshunds may be tiny, but they are very loyal. Your dachshund will stick with you through good and bad times. If you’re having a bad day, they are there. If the mail-man is trying to “break in” they will defend their house!
- Space-efficent- Dapple dachshunds are usually pretty small, so they adapt well to smaller living situations such as apartment-living.
- Friendly- Dapple dachshunds get along great with other pets and children if properly introduced, as mentioned earlier!
- Grooming is easy- Usually, grooming your dapple dachshund is super easy.
Disadvantages of Having a Dapple Dachshund?
Like all pets, there are some things to be wary of and or prepared for whenever you decide to add them to the family. Here are a couple of issues to be aware of whenever adding a dapple dachshund to your family:
- Takes awhile to train- As mentioned earlier, dapple dachshunds require a lot of patience. They have accidents frequently. Just keep up with them and encourage positive behaviors and they should catch on in no time
- Back Issues- Due to their long structure, dapple dachshunds tend to have a lot of added weight on their backs. This can result in serious injury and may require vet care. It is important to be prepared for any unpredictable vet visits whenever owning a dapple dachshund!
- Loud- Dapple dachshunds are quite the guard dogs! They are loud and will let you know whenever someone or something is creeping about or around the house! This can be a great thing if someone is trying to break in! Not such a great thing at 3 in the morning though and they hear a car door slam, they might wake the entire neighborhood!
- Burrowing excessively- Although your dapple dachshund burrowing can be downright adorable, if they were to burrow a hole in your floor probably not so adorable! This is just something to be prepared for! Most animals, especially puppies tend to burrow! It is how they stay comfortable.
Overall Dapple Dachshund Puppies are a Great Dog to Have
Dapple Dachshund puppies, like all animals and even people, have their perks and their flaws. It is what makes them unique. Whenever you decide on owning a dapple dachshund dog, keep in mind that you must be patient and resilient. If you are patient, you won’t regret it and will have earned yourself a life-long companion who will stay in your heart for a very long time! Make sure that you are prepared for the ups and downs when deciding on owning a dapple dachshund. They are in it for the long haul.